Maori inspired tattoo designs and tribal tattoos images

Hand drawn Kirituhi designs, custom tattoos, sketches, tutorials and high resolution printable tattoo flash drawings.

October 26, 2010

Maori design on my powerkite

Written by Mark Storm

Hi,

As a hobby next to designing tattoos, I really like to fly powerkites. These kites have 4 lines, two for steering and two for braking.
I bought my first powerkite a year ago, a 4m2 Peter Lynn Twister, which has a really good lift.
This kite can lift me of the ground, sometimes even 2 meters in strong winds.

Some people create their own kites, so I would like to try that. First I started with a 1.7 square meters, small kite.
This really was a great experience, from printing the template panels (around 160 A4 sheets), sticking it together, cutting the panels (around 100 pieces in total) to sewing them together with my "new" Pfaff 1221 sewing machine:











This was the model I created in the program "Surfplan", which is ideal for creating your own foils and power kites.

powerkite design maori style tattoo









Here are a few pictures of the process and the completed kite:

kite panels storm3dpanels for a powerkite designmaori powerkite












surfplan kite design storm3dtribal tatoo power kite designmaori pattern power kite designs











Finally I shot a movie of the process and it also shows the final kite in the air for its maiden flight:





Any questions? Just send me a message!

Kind regards, Mark Storm

Arts Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory