Maori inspired tattoo designs and tribal tattoos images

Hand drawn Kirituhi designs, custom tattoos, sketches, tutorials and high resolution printable tattoo flash drawings.

October 21, 2010

Tattoo band wrapping around lower leg

Written by Mark Storm

Hi!

Another new tattoo project this week, a custom design for the lower leg.
My customer asked me if I could draw a band fully wrapping around his leg, just above the ankle, 15 cm in height.

When I receive the measurements, the first thing I do is making a template in Google Sketchup.
I need to get the right curvature of the design, so I creat two circles with the right circumference and make a cone shape in 3d. Then I unwrap it with the "unfold" plugin into a 2d surface.

sketchup tattoo design lower legankle tattoo template sketchup









The final template looks like this:

tattoo tribal template sketch design










Finally I print it at the right size and start drawing.

The customer wanted a design inspired on another lower leg tattoo I did some time ago.

With pencil I made this first sketch with some koru curves and triangular tribal shapes.
The design was immediately approved by my client, so I could trace it, scan it and finalize it in Photoshop.


ankle band tattoo lower legleg tattoo band wrapping around











Any questions?

Just let me know!

Kind regards, Mark Storm

Arts Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory